Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports directly to the Executive Chef or the F&B Director while the Executive Chef is not on duty.
• The Exec. Sous Chef ensures the efficient operation of such food production areas he is put in charge of by the Exec. Chef. He constantly analyzes cost and quality of food production, knows to manage within his set budget and adheres to time management.
• He assures on-going training and that high standards set by the Ex. Chef are followed.
• He assures safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
• Produces and maintains the highest food quality and controls for all food products served in all areas, according to the needs and desire of the company.
• Works within his monthly-set food cost budget, adjust food requisitions and controls waste.
• He is instrumental in assuring the highest health, sanitation and safety standards necessary in food handling and overall galley cleanliness. Assure proper cleanliness and sanitation of galley and food storage areas and equipment.
• Sign all food requisitions and make the proper adjustments to information given.
• Control food waste and make sure unused food is returned to the storeroom on a daily basis for credit. Check all food storerooms daily. Assure that food is well rotated and first in is first out.
• Check on all galley equipment in your area that has to be fixed and report to the Executive Chef on a daily basis.
• Conducts training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
• Must have excellent knowledge of USPH rules and regulations.
• Performs any other duties assigned by the Head of Department.
• Candidates must be older than 28 years
• Able to speak fluent English and any other language will be appreciated
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in 5 star hotels/restaurants
• Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts