Toradex International R&D Team is distributed worldwide. Toradex Brazil office hosts part of this team, composed by several engineers working in diverse tasks related to R&D in worldwide context for Toradex Group.
Important information before you apply:
• The whole process, including interviews, will be conducted in English. When submitting your resume, please make sure you select English version before you submit.
• We will be happy to check your code repository or any related-works, blog, articles, designs, published papers which you have authored. Please make sure you include them in your resume.
• Contributions and participation on FOSS community and related projects are highly appreciated for this position. Please make sure they are listed in your resume or in a separate file.
• The preferred job location is Valinhos/SP - Brazil,but working remotely from anywhere in the world will also be considered.
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. Our products are directly sold to more than 3'000 industrial customers in over 70 different countries worldwide.
As an Embedded Linux Software Architect you are part of the International R&D team developing our future Linux software platform, Torizon, for Toradex SoMs (System on Modules). You will plan, document & coordinate further architecture development of TorizonCore, an embedded Linux distribution built with the Yocto Project with containers as its core building block. Secure updates and Debian-based containers are key design elements of the Torizon platform.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Work within the team that develops and maintains TorizonCore, a modern Linux distribution based on containers for embedded devices
• Coordinate technical decision making among the team & stakeholders, including other teams, product management and customers
• Ensure product architecture meets technical product specifications & requirements and aligns with R&D technology strategy
• Document TorizonCore architecture
• Provide architecture and technical guidance to the development team
• Report shortcomings and possible improvements related to software products, documentation, processes, etc. to drive continuous improvements
• Report project and task status within the development team and towards management
Desired Candidate Profile
• Strong experience with embedded Linux development and OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project
• Excellent low-level/system programming skills in C, C++ and Python
• Open source software contributor
• Familiarity with Docker, containers in general and development work flows using containers
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills, with a technical mindset and analytical approach
• Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading, writing and speaking
• Willingness to learn new/unknown technologies and share knowledge through concise documentation
• Working in a dynamic global successful company
• Contribute to various open-source projects
• Work on the latest HW technology with early access to major SoC vendor
• Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings
• Work on challenging cutting edge SW projects like containerization and secure over-the-air update
• Count on a diverse team of experienced HW and SW engineers
• Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
Summary: Software architect developing our future Linux software platform, Torizon, for Toradex SoMs.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a related position
Education: M.S./B.S. in Computer Science or related
Functional Area: R & D
Travel Requirement: 10%
Location: Campinas/SP (Valinhos) - Brazil
Apply Here: (use el botón)