Position Summary: Debian-Linux Software Developer position at our international R&D Team
Experience: 2+ years
Education: Computer Science / Electric / Electronics Engineer
Functional Area: International R&D Team
Location: Valinhos/SP - Brazil
Travel Requirement: <5%
Salary Range: Competitive
Apply Link: (use el botón)
Toradex International R&D Team is distributed worldwide. Toradex Brazil office hosts part of this team, composed by several engineers working in diverse tasks related to R&D in worldwide context for Toradex Group.
As an Embedded Linux Software Developer you are part of the International R&D team, helping to build our future Linux BSP offering Torizon for our SoMs (System on Modules). TorizonCore is our custom OpenEmbedded built Linux distribution with containers as its core building block. Secure updates and Debian based containers are key design elements of the Torizon platform.
Important information before you apply:
• The whole process, including interviews, will be conducted in English. When submitting your résumé, please make sure you select English version before you submit.
• We will be happy to check your code repository or any related-works, articles, designs, published papers which you have authored. Please make sure you include them in your resume.
• Contributions and participation on FOSS community and related projects are highly appreciatted for this position. Please make sure they are listed in your resume or in a separe file.
• The job location is Valinhos/SP – Brazil. Toradex will not be sponsoring VISAS or overseas traveling. The job will be onsite with low flexibility for home-office.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain Debian based containers
• Validate and integrate graphics driver in Debian for our SoMs
• Build deb packages and maintain a package feed
• Design, validate and document application development process using Debian in containers
• Report shortcomings and possible improvements related to products, software offerings, documentation, processes, etc. to allow continuous improvements
• Report project and task status within the development team and towards management
Desired Candidate Profile
• Strong experience with Debian, preferable as a contributor
• Familiarity with Docker, containers in general and development work flows using containers
• Ability to handle ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills – fluent English language skills in reading/writing/speaking/presentations
• Willingness to learn new/unknown technologies and share knowledge through concise documentation
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible Hours
• Health Plan
• Meal Voucher
and most important...
• Working in a dynamic global successful company
• Contribute to various open-source projects
• Work on the latest HW technology with early access to major SoC vendor
• Enjoy a flat hierarchy where you may truly shape our HW and SW offerings
• Work on challenging cutting edge SW projects like containerization and secure over-the-air update
• Count on a diverse team of experienced HW and SW engineers
• Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities