- Assists the Beverage Manager in directing the daily operation of the vessel’s beverage operation.
- Assists in directing and ensuring the implementation and execution of Corporate policies and procedures within the Beverage Department.
- Is fully responsible for the overall training of the beverage team. Coaches and mentors direct reports and subordinates. Identifies beverage staff for promotion. Reviews each and every rating card on a monthly basis.
- Assists Bar Manager in achieving or exceeding Bar Revenue and Cost objectives for the established cruise program targets. Assists in managing the beverage outlets as separate profit centers, assuming all responsibility for all revenue and expenses. Maximizes profitability by increasing turnover revenue and covers. Recommends measures to the Beverage Manager to control/reduce costs. Assists in planning an effective sales plan and promotional activities as required.
- Along with the Controller, ensures beverage inventories in storeroom and Bars are at the par level determined by the Company. Ensures that all bars are counted after each cruise and investigates discrepancies. Assures correct pouring of company sponsored parties and ensures proper void handling.
- Maintains all par stock levels, including china, glassware and consumables. Is responsible for the bar requisitions in designated areas.
- Assures beverage facilities are maintained at company standards and meet or exceed USPH requirements.
General Hiring Criteria:
• College or University degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred. International equivalent suffices.
• 2-4 years managerial experience with staff of 20 or more, with a focus on bar operations in 4/5 star hotels, restaurants or high-volume service facilities.
• Previous Bartending experience a must.
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written. A second language is preferred.
• Experience in managing a large multi-national bar staff.
• Extensive knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors.
• Basic knowledge of new and old world wines.
• Basic knowledge of cigar and cigar service.
• Extensive knowledge of beverage handling procedures in regards to public health standards. Attendance of a certified USPH or HACCP course preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and Excellent appearance, self-starter.
• Revenue and guest satisfaction focused.