assistant restaurant manager / asst. maitre d’ / head waiterCAUX International Group
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates in conjunction with the Restaurant Manager the performance of all direct reports.
• Individual will be responsible and held accountable for a section of the Restaurant and other specific duties assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
• Must be thoroughly versed with the company’s high food and service standards, anticipating and fulfilling guests’ needs.
• Visits every table of his/her section on a daily basis, ensuring guests are totally satisfied with the food and service.
• Recognizes guests by their names and personally takes care of all special requests and VIPs in his/her section.
• Responsible for keeping track of all special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries and ordering the respective amenities for the celebration.
• Notifies the Restaurant Manager of any unhappy or difficult guests in his section for further follow up.
• Ensures that the Restaurant personnel follow company policies at all times regarding uniforms, personal appearance and hygiene.
• Has sound knowledge of wines and wine service and whenever necessary assists the Wine Sommelier with wine service.
• Ensures the cleaning schedule set up by the Restaurant Manager is followed by the assigned personnel, and inspects his section thoroughly.
• Ensures that all personnel are knowledgeable about, and follow at all times, the United States Public Health rules and regulations.
• Brings any disciplinary issues pertaining to Restaurant personnel to the attention of the Restaurant Manager.
• Must have excellent knowledge of USPH rules and regulations.
• Performs any other duties assigned by the Head of Department.
• Candidates must be older than 21 years
• Able to speak fluent English and any other language will be appreciated
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in 5 star hotels/restaurants
• Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or related field